I hereby agree to accept a position as a volunteer for The Pet Cottage (TPC). I understand that the term “volunteer” means a person who freely serves TPC in a voluntary capacity. I understand and agree that no liability whatsoever will be incurred by TPC.
Terms and Conditions
1. I fully understand and agree that my services are provided strictly in a voluntary capacity and I am in no fashion an employee of TPC;
2. I fully understand and agree that I am providing services to TPC strictly as a volunteer;
3. I fully understand that TPC handles large numbers of animals on a daily basis. The disposition of these pets maybe unknown to TPC. I agree to hold TPC harmless for any injury or injuries which I might sustain including, but not limited to, injuries caused by animals during the course of my volunteer duties with TPC;
4. I fully understand and agree to assume all risks involved in any and all duties that I perform for TPC in my volunteer capacity. Such duties might include, but are not limited to, animal handling, custodial work, and other volunteer duties;
5. I agree to familiarize myself with TPC policies and procedures. I will fully comply with both the letter and the spirit of these policies and procedures;
6. I fully understand that TPC expects high standards of moral and ethical treatment of all pets including, but not limited to the pets under its care. I agree to adhere strictly to these standards in my volunteer capacity;
7. I fully understand and agree that TPC may terminate my services either for failure to comply with any and all of the obligations outlined in this Volunteer Agreement or for any reason whatsoever while performing my volunteer services to TPC.
1. I, the undersigned agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold TPC harmless for any and all loss or damage to my personal property while performing services for TPC in a voluntary capacity.
2. I recognize that in handling pets while performing services in a voluntary capacity for TPC there is a risk of injury including personal physical harm. On behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives and executors, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless TPC, its agents, servants and employees from any and all claims, causes of action or demands, of any nature or cause connected with my Volunteer Agreement and service.
3. I understand that public relations are an important part of volunteering at TPC. I, therefore, agree on behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives, and executors to allow TPC to use any photographs taken of me for use in public relations efforts. TPC will use reasonable efforts to notify me but such notification is not a condition to the release of photographs or public relations purposes.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS WELL AS THE RELEASE WAIVER OF THE FOREGOING VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT AND THAT I WILL COMPLY WITH THE SAME.
Volunteers under the age of 18 must have parent or guardian sign below.